WHAT IS THE BOARDS ROLE IN APPROVING SCHOOLS OF NURSING?.
WHAT IS THE BOARD’S ROLE IN APPROVING SCHOOLS OF NURSING?
Nurse practice act article
Assignment Grading Criteria
Nurse Practice Act Article
Review the nurse practice act for the state in which you will be practicing as an RN.
Imagine you are ready to submit an article to be published in a magazine for student nurses.
Write the article, including the following:
• Who grants authority to the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)?
• What is the board’s role in approving schools of nursing?
• What is the governance structure of the BRN?
• What is the board’s role in each of the following?
o Granting a license
o Graduating from a nursing program
o Licensing through a challenge
o Granting reciprocity from another state?
• How does the BRN regulate nursing practice—include regulation of specialties such as NP, CNM, and CRNA?
• What is the role or responsibility of the BRN for disciplinary actions?
• What is the scope of registered nursing practice in your state as defined by the nurse practice act?
• If your state requires continuing education to maintain licensure, what is the role of the BRN in monitoring continuing education units?
15 points possible Points available Points earned
• All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way. 3
• The governance structure of the Board of Registered Nursing and how the board receives its authority are clearly defined. 2
• The board’s role in granting licenses and regulating nursing practice is discussed. Must also include regulation of advanced practice nurses. 2
• The scope of registered nursing practice as defined by the nurse practice act is addressed. 2
• The role of the Board of Registered Nursing in nursing education or schools of nursing is described. 2
• The board’s role and responsibility for disciplinary actions is discussed. 2
• Two professional references are required. 2
5 points possible Points available Points earned
• Follows rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation
• Has a structure that is clear, logical, and easy to follow
• Consistent with APA guidelines for formatting and citation of outside works 5