The purpose of the Evidence & Expert Interview Paper is to further the application of leadership aspects of the nursing.
Evidence & Expert Interview Paper
The purpose of the Evidence & Expert Interview Paper is to further the application of leadership aspects of the nursing profession through interactive discussion and participation with topic area experts.
You must search for credible evidence, and describe why it is relevant to your two SMART goals. You must find evidence in the following sources:
1. Peer-reviewed journals
2. Internet sites
You must interview one or more individuals who are experts on the subject of your SMART goals in order to gain more insight.
You must submit your findings from using scholarly writing and APA formatting in your paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO2: Implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team through communication and relationship building (PO3).
CO4: Apply concepts of leadership and team coordination to promote the achievement of safe and quality outcomes of care for diverse populations (PO4).
CO8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice (PO8).
You are to submit your completed Milestone #2 to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 4.
This milestone is worth 200 points.
1. Study the feedback that your instructor provided on Milestone #1 regarding your SMART goals.
2. Evidence: Peer-Reviewed Articles: Go to the CCN Library at http://www.chamberlain.edu/library and search for articles from peer-reviewed journals that support your SMART goals and your plan. You are expected to find ONE article for EACH SMART goal. As you search, enter key words that reflect the topic you have chosen for each SMART goal. You must select a different article for each goal.
3. Evidence: Internet Sites: Perform a search of the Internet to locate a credible website that pertains to EACH of your two SMART goals. The website should offer a tool or best practice, not just another article. You must identify at least one website for each goal; however, you may use the same website for both goals.
4. Expert Interview: Identify an expert, or experts, who can offer information or ideas on how you can attain each of your SMART goals and conduct an interview. If the expert can offer guidance on both of your SMART goals, you may interview the expert for both of them. If you cannot find an expert for both goals, you may choose a different expert for each one. The expert should help you acquire knowledge and provide guidance on how to achieve your goals. This person may or may not be a nurse, depending on the nature of your goals. You must report on the interview with the expert for each goal.
5. Organize and describe the relevance of your findings from each of your sources, indicating what information and insights you have gleaned.
6. Write a scholarly paper of your search and findings using APA format based on the 6th edition of the Publication manual of the APA (2010). You may find an APA template and an APA formatted sample paper in Doc Sharing.
Components of your paper should include the following: (Please follow the Milestone 2 Outline located in Doc Sharing)
a. Title page: Include your name, course, date, and instructor.
b. Introduction: Introduce the two SMART goals, and briefly describe why you chose these two goals for yourself.