• Analyze nursing and counseling theories to guide practice in psychotherapy*
• Summarize goals and objectives for personal practicum experiences*
• Produce timelines for practicum activities*
Course learning outcomes
• Apply psychotherapeutic counseling techniques and methods for groups and families
• Assess clients presenting for group and family psychotherapy
• Develop psychiatric diagnoses for clients across the lifespan
• Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in groups and family psychotherapy.
• Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
• Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course which is based on psychotherapy with Groups and Families.
• Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
The timeline is 10 weeks of clinicals with a total of at least 144 clinical hours. Each week I will be working with a preceptor for a minimum of two days per week at least 10 hours per day.