Population Health Intervention Strategies (graded).
Population Health Intervention Strategies (graded)
Review the Week 5 Case Study found in Doc Sharing.
You will continue in your role as a nurse with your local health department. Examine your online lesson, assigned readings, and visit Choose one evidence-based intervention that is recommended, and present this intervention to the task force.
- Summarize this intervention and and discuss the community health nurse’s role in implementing this strategy.
- Describe whether it is considered a primary, secondary, or tertiary prevention strategy and include your rationale (see Nies & McEwen, 2015, Chapter 1, p. 7 for a review of levels of prevention).
Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2015).Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations(6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier.
Disaster and Communicable Disease Preparedness (graded)
- As a community health nurse, what elements do you think are important to stress to the community?
- How well is your community prepared for a potential outbreak or disaster?
Devry NR443week 6
Affordable Care Act (ACA) (graded)
Choose the get answers tab towards the top of the page. Review several of the topics under this tab and share something that you learned about how the marketplace works and how this would apply to those in your community.
The Affordable Care Act is a controversial topic, and I’m sure there are many different viewpoints represented in our class. For this discussion, let’s focus on understanding the basics of the marketplace so that we can provide accurate information for our patients and communities.
Devry NR443week 1DQ 2
Environmental Health (graded)
Review the site overview and enter your city, zip code, or location into the MyEnvironment box. Explore the site to learn more about your environment and things that might be impacting the health of its citizens.
- Identify something new you learned about your environment and how it could be affecting health by completing this statement, “I didn’t know _____.”
- How could you, in the role of a community health nurse, address these concerns?