Contribute to the body of advanced practice nursing knowledge through participation in systematic inquiry, utilization of evidence-based practice, and dissemination of findings to support high-quality care and healthcare innovation.
APN Professional Business Plan
Guidelineswith Scoring Rubric
The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to develop an advanced practice nursing (APN) professional business plan.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO2: Integrate interprofessional collaboration and innovative communication to support and promote the teaching-coaching function of advanced practice nursing.(PO #3)
CO3: Assimilate primary care competencies into APN/specialty nurse practitioner practice that exemplify professional values, scholarship, service, and culturally competent global awareness and support ongoing professional and personal development.(PO #5)
CO4: Plan for healthcare delivery system negotiation and management of human and physical resources in a fiscally responsible manner to support high-quality and cost-effective care and decision-making.(PO #8)
CO5: Contribute to the body of advanced practice nursing knowledge through participation in systematic inquiry, utilization of evidence-based practice, and dissemination of findings to support high-quality care and healthcare innovation.(PO #9)
1. To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library. For information on search techniques using the EBSCOhost, go to the Doc Sharing tab at the top of the page and view the following document:
Directions for Searching the CCN Online Library.pdf, basic and advanced techniques.
2. The APN Professional Business Plan paper is worth 250 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word 2007 (a part of Microsoft Office 2007), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word 2007 document because it will end in “.docx”
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
5. The length of the paper is to be no less than 6 and no greater than 8 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
6. APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
a. Introduction to the APN professional business plan
b. Description of proposed APN business profile
c. Presentation of proposed APN service delivery
PREPARING THE PAPER
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
1. When introducing the APN professional business plan, be sure to identify appropriate background information regarding the proposal (who, what, where, when, and why).
2. When describing the proposed APN business profile, be sure to include: (a) proposed vision statement; (b) proposed services; and (c) proposed process for obtaining all anticipated registrations (i.e., Central Contractor Registration [CCR#]; Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment [CLIA#]; Commercial And Government Entity [CAGE#]; Dun & Bradstreet Number [DUNS]; Employer Identification Number [EIN]; Marketing Partner Identification Number [MPIN]; National Provider Identifier [NPI#] and Taxonomy Registration; North American Industry Classification System [NAICS#]; Small Business Administration [SBA#]; Standard Industrial Classification [SIC#]; Trading Partner Identification Number [TPIN]), if implemented.
3. When presenting the proposed APN service delivery, be sure to include: (a) proposed staffing (emphasis on total number of practice years as a licensed healthcare professional); (b) marketing plan and economic feasibility analysis (address potential sources of funding); and (c) management plan with proposed organizational chart.
4. When concluding the paper, be sure to summarize important aspects of the proposed APN professional business plan (who, what, where, when, and why).