nursing and related disciplines and utilize the principles of evidence-based practice to propose strategies that can address nursing issues..
The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity for students to apply and disseminate information based on practice summaries. The most common type of practice summary in healthcare is the clinical practice guideline (CPG). Course Outcomes Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to synthesize for dissemination the research findings from nursing and related disciplines and utilize the principles of evidence-based practice to propose strategies that can address nursing issues. REQUIREMENTS: Through this assignment, the student will Develop summary of a clinical practice guideline. PREPARING THE PAPER You will develop a summary that you could use within an evidence-based practice (EBP) committee or related venue to share with your colleagues. This paper will be 5 – 6 pages in length.
• Select a clinical practice guidelines that addresses an issue pertinent to your practice setting.
• Search the literature and evidence-based practice websites and databases to find a recent clinical practice guideline (no more than 5 years) related to the issue you select.
• Analyze and critique the clinical practice guideline. Use the Clinical Practice Guideline Summary Template in Course Resources to develop your paper. Components include: o scope and purpose of the clinical practice guidelines; o stakeholder involvement; o rigor of development; o clarity and presentation o applicability o editorial independence
• Attach URL address of the Clinical Practice Guidelines on the reference page of your paper.
• Note: The template is an outline to assist you in setting up your paper so you will be sure to address those topics in your paper in addition to other information to meet the criteria for this assignment. Your paper should be in APA 6th ed format. Do not copy and paste the template into your paper. Category and Description Scope and Purpose Describes the scope and purpose of the document. Includes the health question(s) covered by the guideline.
Identifies the target population. Rigor of Development Critiques the rigor of the development of the document. Describes the systematic methods used to develop the guideline. Include level of evidence of the studies used to develop the guideline. Clarity & presentation (Recommendations) Provides the key recommendations of the document.
Discusses different options for managing the condition or issue in the guideline. Application Identifies facilitators, barriers, costs, and outcome measurement for application of the document.. Identifies key monitoring and/or auditing criteria (outcomes) Editorial Independence Discusses conflict of interest and how competing interests of the CPG group members recorded and addressed. Summary Summarizes how the CPG answers the key clinical questions presented in the CPG. Discusses how the student, as the advanced practice nurse, would apply the CPG in practice. Uses appropriate grammar, syntax, and spelling No more than 2 errors in grammar, syntax, or spelling. APA 6th Edition No more than 2 APA 6th edition errors. Include the URL of the Clinical Practice Guidelines A URL of the Clinical Practice Guidelines submitted.