Identify and describe an appropriate and relevant nursing topic and identify its relevance to best nursing practice using a practice priority.
Assessment task 1: Topic Identification & Searching Research Evidence Task Description
1. Identify and describe an appropriate and relevant nursing topic and identify its relevance to best nursing practice using a practice priority
2. Discuss the role of evidence based practice in informing clinical decision making related to the identified topic
3. Develop a searchable clinical question using a recognised formula
4. Demonstrates ability to use a systematic approach to search for evidence-based resources to answer the clinical question
5. Writes in an appropriate academic style, substantiating work with scholarly literature and using Harvard referencing.
Assessment Criteria Measures Intended Learning Outcome:
Criterion 1 Identifies an appropriate and relevant nursing topic that reflects uncertainty of best practice and links it to a practice priority
Criterion 2 Explains how evidence based practice will lead to effective clinical decision making related to the topic.
Criterion 3 Designs a searchable clinical question using a recognised clinical question formula
Criterion 4 Provides evidence of a systematic literature search strategy and transferred to appropriate databases
Criterion 5 Communicates the effectiveness of sourcing a minimum of 5 research papers to inform the evidence base using academic writing and accurate referencing
Task length 2000 words .