Identify a nursing-related challenge, analyzes how it affects the organization from a nursing.
Write a 4–5-page impact report to senior leadership that identifies a nursing-related challenge, analyzes how it affects the organization from a nursing perspective, and details the new position
Writea 4–5-page impact report to senior leadership that identifies a nursing-related challenge, analyzes how it affects the organization from a nursing perspective, and details the new position.
Each organization has a unique structure that impacts the behavior of the organization. Inhealthcare organizations, this impact is on the ability of the organization to deliver quality patient care. Nursing is an essential component of any health care organization, and nursing leaders must understand the role of nursing and nursing leadership within the total organization. Understanding basic organizational structure, mission, vision, philosophy, and values will better prepare nurse leaders to improve quality and patient outcomes.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Identify nursing leadership priorities using a systems perspective.
- Identify a nursing challenge and its impact from a nursing perspective.
- Identify key leadership skills, knowledge, or abilities required for the position.
- Competency 2: Apply systems theory and systems thinking to facilitate health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Explain how the nursing challenge creates a gap or conflict between the organization’s statements and practice.
- Identify organizational factors that impact the situation using a SWOT analysis.
- Competency 4: Evaluate how power relates to health care organizational structure, behavior, and leadership.
- Assesshow the new nurse leader position will have power and influence and impact patient outcomes.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with the expectations of a nursing professional.
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format citations and references using current APA style.