SEARCH (PPE) WORKSHEET
This assignment provides a learning activity for students to experience a practice-based scenario and apply a process worksheet designed to assist in the identification of an independent nursing problem or concern, develop a PICOT clinical question, and search for evidence using credible online databases/sources.
1. Read over each of the following directions.
2. You must read the Assignment Practice Scenario below before completing the PPE Worksheet.
3. Download and use the required PPE Worksheet (Links to an external site.).
Problem/PICOT/Evidence Search (PPE) Worksheet
Clinical Nursing Practice Problem
Select and identify ONLY one quality or safety clinical priority area from the assignment guidelines practice scenario. Summarize why you believe the nursing practice problem/issue is the most important. Summarize your rationale (why) for choosing the problem.
Using the NR439 Guide for Writing PICOT Questions and Examples located in the assignment guidelines, write out your PICOT question. Include the PICOT letters in your question.
Define PICOT Elements
Define each of the PICOT elements from your question above.
P- (patient population/patients of interest):
O- (Measurable outcome):
T- (Time frame in months):
Evidence Retrieval Process and Summary
Using only the Chamberlain College of Nursing library:
(1) Locate evidence that is relevant to your chosen nursing practice problem. Explain how you believe the evidence is relevant to your chosen nursing practice problem.
(2) Explain why you chose the evidence
(3) Provides a complete APA reference to the evidence (must include authors, year, title of the evidence, title of the resource)
(4) Evidence must be published within the last 10 years
(5) Provides the permalink
Implications of the Evidence
Summarize what you learned from the evidence. Summarize why you believe the nursing evidence-based practice committee should focus their next research project on the nursing practice problem.
Evidence Search Terms
Identify 4 (or more) relevant searchable terms you used for your search for evidence.
Select 4 (or more) relevant search strategies you used to narrow/limit your search for
____ Full text
____ Boolean Operators/Phrase
____ Selected publication dates
within last 10 years
____ Subject, title, or author search box
____ Truncation (used an asterisk * at
the beginning or end of a word) ____ Academic or scholarly (Peer
____ Quotation marks for key words
____ Selected key terms from
____ Others: (list below)