Evaluation of a community-based health promotion.
Locate, read, and analyze the article in its entirety. Write a 1–2-page analysis of the article in current APA format, incorporating additional supporting research from a credible source. Use direct quotes sparingly. The analysis must represent your understanding and critique of the program/study. Your paper must include a reference page listing the chosen article and at least 1 additional source in current APA format. The references page will not be counted in the page length requirement.
In your analysis, briefly include the following:
- Introduction: Describe the program/study and the intended aim/purpose.
- Setting/Participants: In which setting was the health promotion/prevention program implemented? Who were the participants?
- Major Health Issue: Describe the major issue addressed, and provide background regarding its selection (incorporate additional supporting research).
- Results: What were the results of the program or study?
- Contributions: How did the program/study contribute to health promotion planning for the elderly?
Article List (choose one)
Wellman, N. S., Kamp, B., Kirk-Sanchez, N. J., & Johnson, P. M. (2007). Eat Better & Move More: A community-based program designed to improve diets and increase physical activity among older Americans.American Journal of Public Health. 97 (4), 710–717.
Ory, M. G., Smith, M. L., & Parrish, R. (2010). Statewide implementation of the ‘A Matter of Balance/Volunteer Lay Leader’ Model.Generations. 34(1), 88–90.
Banghwa, L. C., Quijano, L. M., Stanley, M. A., Gully, J. A., Steinberg, E. H., & Wilson, N. L. (2008). Healthy IDEAS: Implementation of a depression program through community-based case management.Gerontologist. 48(6), 828–838.
Schonfeld, L., King-Kallimanis, B. L., Duchene, D. M., Etheridge, R. L., Herrera, J. R., Barry, K. L., & Lynn, N. (2010). Screening and brief intervention for substance misuse among older adults: The Florida BRITE Project.American Journal of Public Health. 100 (1), 108–114.
Collins, C. C. & Benedict, J. (2006). Evaluation of a community-based health promotion program for the elderly: lessons from Seniors CAN.American Journal of Health Promotion. 21(1), 45–48.