Develop the concepts for both the impact on agency viability and quality patient care..
Among various stakeholders, the registered nurse must incorporate legal and ethical theories and principles into practice. There is a need to evaluate the legal and ethical considerations that exist in healthcare today, to assess nursing’s role in health initiatives, and to find ways that we can help improve health and health outcomes. This essay will help nurses recognize and respond to dilemmas within diverse health care settings and nursing roles. This essay will provide an overview of regulatory action and the legislative and judicial processes, enabling nurses to become familiar with changes affecting the health care system such as patient rights, technological advances, and managed care.
Examine the role of the nurse as a health professional, advocate, and leader:
1. Select five legal or ethical concepts that you feel influence nursing practice.
2. Develop the concepts for both the impact on agency viability and quality patient care.
3. Review the concepts and strategically analyze for priorities, challenges, and issues from a legal and ethical perspective
4. Identify instances of actions taken by an agency or provider that would or could violate the ethical duties and responsibilities of the health care providers or the rights of patients
5. Include a policy proposal, measures, and recommendations for prevention of legal and ethical violations
6.How could nursing intervene or advocate to incorporate legal and ethical theories and principles more effectively into practice