Must Be ORIGINAL AND PASS SAFE ASSIGN
Nursing Theories & Nursing Practice by: Maralaine C Smith & Marilyn E Parker
Critique Purposes: 1. Demonstrate the skill to critique a nursing theory
2. Apply a method or framework to analyze the components of a nursing theory.
3. In narrative form take a position on the value of the theory’s use in practice.
4. To strengthen graduate level writing skills.
(Graduate level writing displays critical thinking skills. The writer demonstrates the ability to see various sides of an argument: he/she questions assumptions, avoids commonplaces and develops a clear argument from professional experience and/or the available literature on the subject.)
Assignment: 1. Choose a nursing theory (a middle range theory is recommended) 2. Choose a method or framework used to evaluate a nursing theory
3. Apply the framework to the chosen theory 4. In summary, explain your position as to the usefulness of the theory in praxis Requirements: See Posted Rubric (Blackboard) APA format required Maximum 5 pages All papers must be submitted to TURNITIN and hand in a hard copy is to be submitted in class. Assignment: 1. Choose a nursing theory (a middle range theory is recommended) 2. Choose a method or framework used to evaluate a nursing theory
3. Apply the framework to the chosen theory