Briefly summarize the criticisms leveled against empirical research.
Additional question: Briefly summarize the criticisms leveled against empirical research by those within the non-empirical research paradigms (Interpretation, Social Construction, and Critical Theory).
Exercise 3:1 (for MPA and non-MA students, expand your sources to websites that allow you to develop questions related to public administration issues, public policy, nonprofits, etc.)
ITS836 Assignment 1: Data Analysis in R
1) Read the income dataset, “zipIncomeAssignment.csv”, into R. (You can find the csv file in iLearn under the Content -> Week 2 folder.)
2) Change the column names of your data frame so that zcta becomes zipCode and meanhouseholdincome becomes income.
3) Analyze the summary of your data. What are the mean and median average incomes?
4) Plot a scatter plot of the data. Although this graph is not too informative, do you see any outlier values? If so, what are they?
5) In order to omit outliers, create a subset of the data so that:
$7,000 < income < $200,000 (or in R syntax , income > 7000 & income < 200000)
6) What’s your new mean?