Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care.
Week 4: Johns Hopkins Nursing Non-Research Appraisal tool
· Submitting a file upload
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the graduate nursing student opportunity to practice reading and critiquing research articles for application to an evidence-based practice.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1)
2. Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 5)
3. Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
4. Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 5)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of WEEK 4, 5, 6
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assi gnments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
Total Points Possible: 130 points each in weeks 4, 5 & 6
Directions and Assignment Criteria
Students will critique a research article in weeks 4, 5 & 6 (3 total) as follows:
Week 4: Non-research appraisal (Links to an external site.): Guidelines and Reviews
Each critique will require a two-three page written analysis of the article. The paper should include:
· Article topic/focus
· Aim of assignment
Critique of Article
The article critique should be a methodological review specific to type of article (for example, qualitative or quantitative) . The analysis must be two to three pages and detailed using the text and resources. The content of the review should also include:
1. Ethical review
2. Analysis of findings
5. Application (translation) to practice specialty
6. Future implications
In addition, students must complete the Johns Hopkins Research Appraisal Tool that is applicable to the type of study design (qualitative, quantitative or non-research evidence) for the week. Refer to the rubric for additional requirements.
Preparing the Assignment