Analyze nursing and counseling theories to guide practice in psychotherapy*
Assignment: Practicum – Week 1 Journal EntryAs a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you can connect your classroom experience to your practicum experience. By applying the conc
Assignment: Practicum – Week 1 Journal Entry
As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you can connect your classroom experience to your practicum experience. By applying the concepts, you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you enhance your professional competency. Each week, you complete an Assignment that prompts you to reflect on your practicum experiences and relate them to the material presented in the classroom. This week, you begin documenting your practicum experiences in your Practicum Journal.
· Analyze nursing and counseling theories to guide practice in psychotherapy*
· Develop goals and objectives for personal practicum experiences*
· Create timelines for practicum activities*
In preparation for this course’s practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Review the media Clinical Interview: Intake, Assessment, & Therapeutic Alliance in your Learning Resources.
· Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in psychotherapy.
Note: For guidance on nursing and counseling theories, refer to the Wheeler textbook in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
· Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course.
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
Note: Be sure to use the Practicum Journal Template, located in this week’s Learning Resources.
Wheeler, K. (Eds.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Chapter 1, “The Nurse Psychotherapist and a Framework for Practice” (pp. 3–52)
Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2012). Clinical interview: Intake, assessment, & therapeutic alliance [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.